Edgewater is an up and coming neighborhood along Biscayne Bay, north of Downtown Miami. The Design District, performing arts venues and arty and eclectic Wynwood are just blocks away, making Edgewater a great launching point for exploring all that Miami has to offer.
Edgewater is located between 17th and 37th streets, with Biscayne Bay to the east and the Florida East Coast Railroad and First Avenue to the west. The neighborhood was designed with luxury in mind. Originally called “Miramar,” it was modeled after the upscale Miramar district of Havana. By the 1920s, it had become one of the most desirable addresses in all of Miami — an exclusive enclave of stunning homes and mansions. For much of the rest of the 20th Century, Edgewater was known for its high-end shopping. It boasted the most elegant department stores in Miami, and later was home to an upscale indoor mall.
Today, new luxury condominiums are transforming Edgewater into one of Miami’s most hip and chic places to live and work.
Edgewater Entertainment and Recreation
Margaret Pace Park stretches along Biscayne Bay between 17th and 20th Street. It’s a pleasant and popular spot for jogging, biking, dog walking or playing beach volleyball or tennis.
For arts enthusiasts, the historic former Bacardi headquarters on Biscayne Boulevard is being re-imagined as a multidisciplinary arts complex operated by The Young Arts foundation and designed by famed architect Frank Gehry. The Adrienne Arscht Performing Arts Center sits at the south end of Edgewater.
Edgewater is also just minutes from shops and restaurants in Midtown, the Design District and Wynwood. Miami Beach and the Atlantic Ocean are a short drive away.
Edgewater is in the Miami-Dade County School District. Public school students attend Phyllis Wheatley Elementary School, Jose De Diego Middle School, Booker T. Washington Senior High School. Edgewater parents also enroll their children in a variety of private schools in the area.
Edgewater Real Estate – Edgewater Condos
Whether you’re looking for an upscale condo that keeps you close to urban life or a full resort experience within the city of Miami, Edgewater’s newest condominium towers have what you’re looking for. Here are some of the latest projects.
Paraiso Bay is a pair of 53-story luxury towers along Biscayne Bay. The towers look like a work of art, thanks to extended balconies that form circular shapes on the towers’ sides. Nestled in a private gated complex, Paraiso Bay is surrounded by elegant landscaping. It features two, three and four bedroom residences with open floor plans, floor to ceiling windows and stunning views of Biscayne Bay and Miami Beach from every home. High end fixtures and finishes and private glass-railing terraces are integrated into the design. Other amenities include:
- Lush gardens and park
- Private elevators to each residence
- Elevated circular zero entry heated swimming pool with cabanas, spa and views of the bay
- Elevated resort amenities deck with jogging circuit, summer kitchen, gardens and sun deck
- State of the art fitness center overlooking the pool
- Private screening room
- Wine cellar and tasting room
- Cigar lounge with private humidors
- Multimedia teen game room
- Children’s playroom and children’s pool with water playground
- Beachfront Bay Club with sand beach and private pool
- Marina with private slips
- On-demand service for speedboat and personal watercraft rental
- Public bayside park featuring children’s playground and dog park
Biscayne Beach is a glass, stone and steel tower rising from the shores of Biscayne Bay. Its 399 residences combine city living with beach house chic, and a bayfront beach ensures that sun and sand are always just steps away. Residences range in size from one to four bedrooms, in addition to penthouses with rooftop garden terraces. All have floor to ceiling windows with oversized balconies and panoramic views of Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach and the Miami skyline. Amenities include:
- Bayfront members-only beach club with soft sand, chaises and a playful water feature for children
- Fitness center overlooking the beach club and the bay
- Spa with sauna, steam room and massage treatment rooms
- Business center
- L-shaped pool with views of the bay
- 6th floor residents-only pool and hot tub with panoramic views
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Dog park
- Summer kitchen and lounge seating areas
Aria on the Bay is a tower of rounded shapes along Biscayne Bay that promises residents the highest level of splendor. From its sweeping marble and glass lobby staircase to its open yet intimate lounge areas with unique furniture and finishes, Aria exudes luxury. It’s across the street from Margaret Pace Park, offering easy access to park amenities and unobstructed views of Biscayne Bay. Floor plans include one, two and three bedroom residences. Amenities include:
- Curved sunrise/sunset pools with luxe lounge chairs and lush landscaping
- Hot tub overlooking Biscayne Bay
- State of the art gym and yoga studio
- Outdoor fire pit with seating
- Great room with social lounge, including pool table and flat screen TV
- Screening room
- Teen lounge and kids’ playroom
- Business center with conference room and offices
- Expansive sun deck and lounge area
Auberge brings sophisticated modern design and panoramic views to Edgewater. With spa facilities worthy of a five-star resort, world class dining, a private beach club and sculpture gardens, Auberge offers a luxury resort lifestyle in the city. The 60-story tower is next door to the Adrienne Arscht Center for the Performing Arts Knight Concert Hall and features one, two and three bedroom residences, sky penthouses and duplex penthouses, most with views of Biscayne Bay. Amenities include:
- Heated pool and private cabanas with towel service and poolside cafe
- State of the art fitness center overlooking the pool deck with yoga and spinning studio
- Napa Valley style organic restaurant and wine bar
- Fully furnished designer suites available
- Membership to exclusive Key Biscayne Beachclub
- Rooftop Zen pool terrace with sky pool and observatory
- Wine room and cigar lounge
- Golf simulation room
- Children’s playroom and outdoor play area
- Business center
- Full service spa
- Customizable smart home features
Elysee is a 57-story boutique tower on Biscayne Bay with just two residences per floor. Its spacious floor plans range from three to five bedrooms and 2660 to 3995 square feet. Slated for completion by 2018, residences will feature 10 to 11 foot ceilings, terraces with unobstructed views, and high end fixtures and finishes. Other amenities include:
- Nanny/maid’s quarters in over half the residences
- 24-hour door attendants and video surveillance
- Sunrise pool facing the bay
- 75-foot resort pool
- Summer kitchen and barbecue terrace
- Fitness center with yoga studio and adjacent children’s room
- Spa with sauna, steam room and private massage rooms
- 30th floor great room with grand piano and panoramic views
- Grand dining room with wine coolers
- Library/private theater with high definition 4K projector
- Business center
- Wine storage
- Game room
26 Edgewater is a boutique residence on Biscayne Bay. It features contemporary design, European cabinetry and floor to ceiling windows opening onto expansive glass-railing balconies. One and two-bedroom floor plans are offered, and some residences have private lanais.
- Heated rooftop pool and sun deck
- Private rooftop lounge with a full catering kitchen
- Fitness center overlooking the pool
Visiting Edgewater – Restaurant Recommendations from your Edgewater Realtor, Donna Zalter
There’s no better way to get acquainted with a neighborhood than to visit some of its best and most popular restaurants. Here are my picks for places to eat while you’re visiting Edgewater.
The Daily Creative Food Co. serves breakfast, salads and sandwiches, making it perfect for a casual meal. For breakfast, you can choose traditional eggs, bacon and pancakes, or breakfast specialties made with ingredients like Cuban pork hash, veggie fried rice, chorizo and thick-cut challah bread. The extensive breakfast menu also includes egg sandwiches and wraps, omelets, fruit and oatmeal. For lunch or dinner, choose from salads, sandwiches, wraps, paninis, melts and soups. 2001 Biscayne Boulevard #109
Mignonette is a seafood and oyster bar near the artsy Wynwood area. In addition to raw oysters, appetizers span a wide range of tastes, from caviar to popcorn shrimp. For dinner, there’s a selection of fish and shellfish served “plain” with buerre blanc, or “fancy” with special preparations and sides. Mignonette also serves lunch and a weekend brunch that includes treats like lobster or duck benedict and brioche French toast, as well as scrambles, salads, seafood and sandwiches. 210 NE 18th Street.
For Spanish cuisine and tapas, try Rincon Escondido. This small and quaint restaurant will make you feel you’ve stepped into another place and time. Its ambiance invites you to linger over a meal with friends and family. The menu has a wonderful selection of both hot and cold tapas, as well as salads, desserts, and of course, sangria. 2697 Biscayne Boulevard.
Bin No. 18 is a favorite of theatregoers looking for a nice dinner before the show. It’s got a good selection of wines and menu that’s suitable for either a quick bite or a longer meal. Small plates range from ceviche to lamb and feta meatballs, while entrees include homemade pastas, chicken, beef, pork and seafood and a vegetarian artichoke-stuffed Portobello mushroom. There’s also a prix fixe three course pre-theater menu. 1800 Biscayne Boulevard.
This is a great time to be part of Edgewater’s transformation into one of the best places to live and work in Miami. Call me and I’ll show you what’s available!