Sunny Isles Beach
Sunny Isles Beach is known as Florida’s Riviera, and with two miles of white sandy shoreline flanked by high rise luxury waterfront condominiums, the name is a good fit.
Sunny Isles sits on a narrow strip of land between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, just north of Bal Harbor and south of Aventura. Elegant high rises line the beach, while prestigious enclaves of single family homes face the Intracoastal Waterway.
Sunny Isles was originally conceived in the 1920s and christened “The Venice of America.” Developers widened streams, dug canals and created islands and peninsulas for waterfront property on Biscayne Bay. By midcentury, Sunny Isles’ beautiful shoreline had become a popular tourist destination. Travelers flocked to themed motels along Collins Avenue to play in the surf and fish from the Sunny Isles pier. Home were built in Golden Shores and Atlantic Island.
In 1997, Sunny Isles Beach incorporated as a city and began a redevelopment effort that transformed it from a quaint vacation destination to one of the most prestigious addresses in the Miami area. The motels have been torn down and replaced with soaring condominium towers that offer the utmost in luxury and the latest amenities in resort living. The city has recently renovated its parks and fishing pier, and the Sunny Isles public schools are regarded as some of the best in the area.
Shopping and Recreation in Sunny Isles
Sunny Isles is a great city for recreation, with its sandy beaches and easy boating access to the Atlantic Ocean. Two championship golf courses are only minutes away at the Turnberry Isle Resort in Aventura.
Fishermen will enjoy the recently renovated Newport Fishing Pier. Located on the Ocean at Sunny Isles Beach Boulevard and Collins Avenue, the pier is also a great place for strolling and taking in the view. For deep sea fishing, Sea Cross Deep Fishing Charters leave from Haulover Marina, just south of the city.
Sunny Isles has 11 city parks, including an oceanfront park and a skate park. It also borders on one of South Florida’s most spectacular state parks. In the 1033 acre Oleta River State Park, you can paddle a kayak among mangroves, explore 15 miles of mountain biking trails or hike along the park’s dirt and paved trails.
Shoppers will find that Sunny Isles is perfectly situated for exploring the huge upscale Aventura Mall to the north or the luxury stores in the Bal Harbor Shops to the south.
Sunny Isles Schools
Sunny Isles is in the Miami-Dade School District. Students attend the following schools:
- Norman S. Edelcup Sunny Isles Beach K-8 school
- Highland Oaks Middle School
- Alonzo and Tracy Mourning Senior High Biscayne Bay Campus
- Michael M. Krop High School
Sunny Isles families can also send their children to one of the area’s excellent private schools.
Sunny Isles Real Estate
Sunny Isles Beach is known for its new, multimillion dollar condos, set on sparkling white sands and offering unsurpassed amenities. But Sunny Isles also offers luxury single family homes in neighborhoods that front on the Intracoastal Waterway.
Sunny Isles Luxury Condominiums
Acqualina Resort & Spa’s opulent residences are spread across four towers in three separate developments on 400 feet of prime oceanfront shoreline. Acqualina condos all feature upscale amenities and designer touches.
Billed as “the world’s finest residences,” the Mansions at Acqualina have been crafted by architects, designers and craftsmen to provide the ultimate in luxury. These three to five bedroom homes include private terraces and spas. Special amenities for mansions residents include:
- A grand room for entertaining
- State of the art fitness center
- Private cinema
- Private poolside cabanas and a pool deck
- Sunset reflecting pool and fire pit
- Hammam spa
- A children’s center with video games, sporting equipment and activities
- A breakfast terrace and romantic beachside dining and bar
- Dog park
The Residences at Acqualina are 3, 4 or 5 bedroom homes from 2200 to over 6000 square feet. The Residences feature:
- Grand entry foyers with coffered ceilings
- Private oversized balconies with glass railings
- Custom kitchens and upscale hardware and appliances
- Three pools
- Full service beach club
- 20,000 square foot oceanfront spa
- Room service and housekeeping available
- Two restaurants
- Kids camp
Scheduled for completion in 2017, The Estates at Acqualina will be Acqualina’s newest and most luxurious homes. Situated in two towers directly on the Atlantic Ocean, these estate sized residences feature interiors finished with exotic woods and stones. Other special amenities will include:
- A 45,000 square foot Palladian style villa housing recreational amenities including a fitness center, spa, bowling alley, virtual golf course, cinema, ice rink and restaurants.
- Lush landscaping with walkways, gazebos and art gardens
- Multiple pools
- Panoramic views with large wrap-around windows and terraces
Chateau at Sunny Isles is a 33 story tower featuring 2 to 4 bedroom luxury residences ranging in size from 1557 to 4230 square feet, plus a “sky villa” and a penthouse suite. Completed in 2015, the Chateau features Italian cabinetry, floor to ceiling impact glass windows and top of the line appliances. Other amenities include:
- Oceanfront fitness center
- Beachfront infinity pool with chaise lounges and private cabanas
- Spa with relaxation terrace overlooking the beach
- Wine lounge with private lockers for residents
- Cigar bar
- Home theater
- Private elevators
- Floor to ceiling glass walls and terraces with glass railings
Jade Signature’s 57 story tower is set amid a lush tropical landscape in a pristine beachfront location. Designed by renowned architects and designers, the building’s residences feature flowing floor plans, expansive terraces and sweeping views of both the ocean and the bay.
- Two story lobby with a sculptural staircase
- Exclusive clubroom and outdoor terrace for private events
- Beachfront resort deck featuring a freeform, zero entry pool, cabanas and hot tub
- Private beach amenities including chaises, umbrellas and a children’s sandbox
- Teen tech lounge and children’s playroom
- Lap pool
- Wine bar
- Entertainment lounge featuring billiards, backgammon and poker table
- Beachfront gardens with hammocks and lounge seating
- Ocean view fitness center, sunset yoga deck and Pilates studio
- Guest suites for family and friends
- Water terrace with massage cabanas and Jacuzzis overlooking the Atlantic
- Coed Hammam/Turkish bath
Muse is a 50 story oceanfront tower scheduled for completion in 2017. It will include 68 fully-furnished, decorator-designed 2 to 5 bedroom residences with luxury finishes and the latest technology. Floor plans range from 2360-5900 square feet. Special amenities include:
- Advanced ihome technology
- Midnight bar in master suite
- Outdoor living spaces with summer kitchens and high definition televisions with distributed speakers
- 12 foot ceilings with floor to ceiling windows
- Smart shades that respond to the sun
- Biometric safes and home surveillance technology
- Fully integrated sound system and 75-foot television
Parque Towers is a pair of 26 story boutique towers with 160 two and three bedroom homes in each tower, ranging from 1799 to 2400 square feet. Amenities of Parque Towers condos include:
- Five pools, including a private rooftop pool
- Onsite bars and restaurants
- A kids club and kids pool with water park style features
- State of the art gym
- Movie theater seating 200 people
- Private Beach club with umbrellas, towel service, and complimentary shuttle service from the towers
- Hotel guest suites for residents’ visiting friends and family
The Porsche Design Tower lets you ascend to your residence in a private glass elevator – while still sitting in your car. The 57 story tower is being erected on 2.2 acres of beachfront property. The Porsche Design Tower condos range in size from 3800 to 9500 square feet and include at least two parking spaces each. Other special amenities include:
- Oceanfront restaurant with a private wine locker for each unit
- Oceanfront pool and two oversized plunge spas overlooking the bay
- Game room, virtual golf simulator and virtual race simulator
- Movie theater
- Ballroom with bar and catering kitchen
- State of the art oceanfront fitness room and yoga studio
Regalia’s sweeping curves are reminiscent of wind and waves. The 42 story oceanfront tower is home to residences that measure 5515 square feet, each with a 2100 square foot terrace. With only one residence per floor, every Regalia condo has a panoramic view of both the ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway. Other features and amenities include:
- 10-foot floor to ceiling impact glass windows and sliders
- Large scale great room, breakfast, dining room and family room spaces
- Custom kitchen cabinetry and designer lighting
- Smart building technology and custom security system
- State of the art fitness center with yoga and meditation room
- Private beach club with loungers and refreshment service
- Cold plunge pool and oceanfront Jacuzzi
Residences by Armani/CASA, scheduled for completion in 2018, will be a sleek 60 story tower with 260 units situated on over 300 feet of pristine beachfront property. Armani condos will range in size from 1350 to 4250 square feet and feature floor to ceiling windows, expansive balconies and spectacular ocean views. Other amenities include:
- Beachfront pool and spa with poolside food and beverage service
- Movie theater with plush seating
- Cigar room
- Private ocean view and beachfront cabanas
- State of the art fitness center and yoga/Pilates studio with ocean views
- Two story revitalization spa with indoor and outdoor treatment rooms
- Private oceanfront restaurant and bar
- Food and beverage service, chaises and umbrellas on the beach
- Children’s’ game room
- Wine cellar
- Summer kitchens in all residences
Sunny Isles Neighborhoods and Single Family Homes
Atlantic Island is an elite community of 57 single family waterfront homes situated on a peninsula along the Intracoastal Waterway. With private docks, deep water and direct ocean access, Atlantic Island is a great location for boating and fishing enthusiasts. Originally developed in the years after World War II, Atlantic Island’s original midcentury homes have given way to opulent waterfront estates full of high end amenities.
Golden Gate Estates is a private gated community of 97 single family homes in the northeastern part of Sunny Isles Beach. Built between 1996 and 2002, the homes range in size from 2600 to 4300 square feet. Nine of the homes are directly on the Intracoastal Waterway, and all have access to Golden Gate’s private marina. And it’s just a short walk to the beach.
Golden Shores is a prestigious community of single family homes along the Intracoastal Waterway. Originally built beginning in 1955, Golden Shores offers a mix of older homes and newer custom masterpieces. Many homes have pools and some are waterfront on the Intracoastal Waterway. Golden Shores also has a community park with a children’s playground.
Visiting Sunny Isles – Recommendations from your Sunny Isles Realtor, Donna Zalter
Sunny Isles is a small community, and it doesn’t take long to drive the length of it along Collins Avenue. But to see the Sunny Isles lifestyle for yourself, head to the beach and stroll along the shoreline dotted with luxury condos. Or better yet, book a room at one of Sunny Isles’ luxury beachfront resort hotels. Try the Doubletree Ocean Point Resort and Spa, the Acqualina Resort and Spa or the Trump International Beach Resort.
Here are some restaurants to try while you’re visiting the area:
- If you’re looking for a healthy organic fare, head to Basil Park. Its menu features pasture-raised chicken, grass fed meats, sustainable seafood and local organic produce. Basil Park serves lunch and dinner and has a special Saturday and Sunday brunch and a juice and smoothie bar that includes cold pressed juices to go. 17608 Collins Avenue.
- Timo offers modern interpretations of Italian-Mediterranean dishes, and the restaurant’s atmosphere is warm and inviting. The menu features fresh ingredients and changes seasonally. Expect to find meat and seafood dishes, pasta, pizzas and small plates, as well as a hearty selection of wines. 17624 Collins Avenue.
- You can get some terrific juices and smoothies at Miami Juice, but the restaurant is also a good place to have breakfast or a casual lunch. The lunch menu includes salads, sandwiches, pizza and burgers, with plenty of vegetarian and dairy-free options. Breakfast includes healthy choices like oatmeal, eggs, granola and bagels. 18660 Collins Avenue.
- Il Mulino at the Acqualina Resort and Spa is a favorite for Italian cuisine. 17875 Collins Avenue.
- At the Granier Bakery, you can tour Europe, one pastry at a time. Breads and pastries include Austrian bread, Russian bread, croissants, madeleines, tiramisu and Lisbon corn bread. The bakery also offers a tasty menu of sandwiches, soups salads, breakfast sandwiches and scrambled egg dishes. 18230 Collins Avenue.
- Copper Chimney is an Indian restaurant that specializes in tandoor, or clay oven, dishes. With an array of entrees featuring chicken, lamb, seafood or vegetables, rice dishes and Indian breads, there’s something for everyone. 18090 Collins Avenue.
- The Beach Bar at the Newport Pier is true oceanfront dining. Take a stroll along the pier and then settle in for sushi, sandwiches, or a meat or seafood entrée. 16501 Collins Avenue.
Call me to find out more about Sunny Isles luxury real estate. I’d love to help you choose a Sunny Isles Condo or Sunny Isles home.